Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Gentleness

It would be nice if a male would read this, but I bet that only girls are going to read this...but oh well, I gotta journal this.

Here's a little revelation I've got about gentleness, mainly concerning guys, but can go for girls as well. Ever see a guy go up to his friend and punch him or something like that? Ever see a guy being rough and then somebody says "That's just how they show affection."? Well...this is how it is. When growing up, babies love getting affection, especially physical affection from their mother and father. So, physical affection is normal. But you know...people still need affection, including physical affection when they're older! And not just from the opposite sex or their parents. I know guys that don't like touching other guys unless it involves being rough. I know guys that don't like touching other guys period. Why? Because as they get older, they're taught that it's weird. They get reactions from people in school and all around when they do touch other guys in affectionate ways. This makes me sick. I love huggin people!!! Hugging guys is actually safer than hugging girls because I'm not physically or sexually attracted to guys! You see guys being rough all the time and sometimes giving "special handshakes." But you see guys and girls hanging all over each other, giving big hugs. I'm not saying touching girls, or even hugging girls is wrong, but come on people! Most guys my age can be affected by a girl touching their shoulder or their leg, yet you see them wrapping their arms around the girl and sometimes pressing their bodies together. What do you think is going through that guy's body and mind? But if that guy hugged a brother the same way, a lot of people would look at him funny. Society has gotten us all mixed up on this subject teaching us that guys touching guys is weird but you should touch girls a lot and be really rough with other guys all the time. Ok, READ THIS!!!

Ephesians 4:2 Be completely humble and GENTLE.

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit(singular, not plural) of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, GENTLENESS and self-control.

These are just two scriptures tell us to be gentle with each other. Of course, I love roughing people up a bit in football or wrestling, but that's just having fun. When it comes to showing affection, I like giving hugs! There is a time and place for everything. I'm not going to go off hugging guys in public, but I usually prefer giving a brother a hug instead of a handshake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home