Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Every Word of the Lord Is Tested

Every word of the Lord is tested. Ever heard that expression? It's scriptural and it's totally true! It was decided last Tuesday that it was time for me to bring the message to youth group tonight. I wasn't comfortable with the decision all week, my flesh really did NOT want to do it and I kinda felt pressured into it...but yesterday, I realized what God's doing. God wants me to speak about "faith" tonight at youth. Well...that's the word that I'm bringing to youth...and every word of the Lord is tested....so guess what has been tested all week. Yup...my faith. Some really confusing things going on concerning girls. Depending on who's reading this...it could or could not be what you're thinking. Basically, I have feelings for a few girls and it was scary especially because I had no idea what God wanted me to do. The other night I was being harrassed so bad with tempting thoughts and my mind was going at 10,000 rpms. I got a headache because my mind just wouldn't slow down and I couldn't control it no matter what I tried thinking about. So after a few hours of prayer till about 1:00a.m. Tuesday morning I calmed down and got a few hours of sleep. During those few hours of prayer God spoke to me. It was funny because He was speaking loud and clear and I was like "God(whiney expression), I don't want to hear that! I need to know this and that!" I really didn't say "this and that," but for confidentiality, I'm not going to give too much inside information of what I'm dealing with. God basically told me that if I just seek Him and follow his path/will, that things will fall into place. Also...I'm not ready for a relationship, God's still got a lot of stuff to do in me. He also revealed a couple things to me yesterday. So, I had a good sleep last night, very peacefull. And I'm feeling a lot better about speaking at youth tonight. I have more confidence. Why? Because the other night and yesterday, I had faith in what God was speaking to me through all this junk going on. Isn't it neat how that works? I'm speaking about faith tonight...I needed a word from God for my struggles...and I needed to have faith in the word He spoke. And now, with the faith in the word that God spoke...I have confidence and peace to speak about faith tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Coxon said...

Well...my first "sermon" went very well. Every body said they liked it and that I did a good job. I was nervous of course, but I asked Faith Donnelly who came to see me teach if you could tell and she said no. I don't believer her...but it's not a big deal, I was just bringing the message from God. I'll continue this later, I'm playing Madden.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home