Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Small things...big blessings

Alright, I'm back!...sorta...I haven't blogged in a while because I've been feeling a lot of bitterness and frustration, and that was all I could think about. So, now that I have something positive to talk about...here we go!

Alright, this may not seem like a big deal to you, but to me it was like...dang! Well, last week I kept craving Subway. Other than pizza, subway is my favorite place to eat, in fact right now my mouth is watering like crazy just thinking about it! Anway, so I wanted some Subway REALLY bad but didn't have money or anything. Well, God knows the desires of our hearts! In the past week or week and a half, I've had Subway twice! That was so awesome!

On Monday, I was complaining. Yes, I was complaining! I was complaining because I didn't feeling valued as a friend and all that jumbo mumbo. I was in the kitchen looking out the window at the snow telling my mom how badly I wanted to go sledding with my friends because it was the 3rd time it has snowed this winter and I heard about the interns going sledding the last couple of times and I felt left out because I love sledding and nobody thought to ask me. So, I stood there pouting saying that I wanted to go sledding and my friends will probably go sledding but they never ask me so I should probably call one of them and ask, but I was feeling pretty bummed. Well...even though I was being a big baby and complaining...God knows the desires of our hearts! Not long after saying all that, I got online and Marc Aycock asked me if I wanted to go sledding, and he said he'd pick me up. I was in shock! That was a great night. The snow is perfect and the hills were steep and we all had a ton of fun, but man did my legs get a workout.

1 Comments:

Blogger Coxon said...

Think about the fact that you have a car. You don't have to ask permission to go places. I rely on other people to go places, and in cases like this, if I'm not invited, I have no idea that it's happening. This is compared to you going out to lunch with interns and church folk which happens every Sunday. There's a difference there. But you almost got me!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home