Monday, February 21, 2005

Fasting

Well, hello peoples...or people...or person...or however many read my posts...today is Monday, supposedly the worst day of the week...interesting topic, I'll get into that later. For now I'm thinking about fasting. I was talking to my friend Chelsey online and she was getting ready to leave and she said that she was going to a dinner later tonight with a friend. He was breaking his fast and he was really hungry. Then I got to thinking...how many times do people fast for a day or two or three and then go out and totally pig out till it hurts? This does not apply to me because although I do pig out till it hurts every once in a while, it's not breaking a fast, HA! Anyway...ask yourself...what's the whole purpose of fasting? Well, from what I've gathered, it's telling your flesh who's boss and disciplining it. It's cutting off your flesh and focusing on the spirit to have more of a connection with God or however you want to define it. But...if people are so worried about how and where they're going to break their fast, and they can't wait to break it because they're so hungry!......what's the point of fasting?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home