Faithful
Ok, revelation time! This morning in the first year(second meeting) class of internship, Mike Tangalakis brought up a question. He said "I have a question, it's kinda techncial...a stupid question." He said something along those lines followed by, "The word says that God is faithful. So what is His faith in?" He asked this because Rick was asking everybody what their faith was in. I said that mine was in God as a provider and a Father. And we were also talking about how faith and what it is and what it's for. Faith, being sure of what we HOPE for and certain of what we do not see. So, if God's faithful, what is His faith in? Automatically, I thought well that's the kind of question that's just being asked to be all technical and contradictive and stuff so I said "Faithful does NOT mean FULL of FAITH..." and Rick explained how the Greek word for faithful means to stay firm, to continue in one direction. But then Rick kept talking about faithfulness and faith and talked about faith and life are like an elevator. In the elevator of life, if you do nothing, you'll go nowhere. In the elevator of life, if you push the button of the floor you're on(stay where you are), you'll go nowhere...you'll stay where you are. And on the elevator of like, if you push the button of the floor you want to be, you'll go there. Speaking litterally...if we confess about where we are now, we'll stay here, but if we confess where we want to be, we'll go there. So it takes faith to speak into somebody what they WILL be instead of what they are. Now, according to Galatians 4, I am a child because I am supported by my parents. But I will be a man one day! So is calling me a "man of God" wrong? Not if somebody's speaking it in faith! So then Rick went on about the whole thing with Abraham and his son Isaac. Abraham couldn't have children, but God still said he was a father of many nations! So Abraham used his faith, and believed that word. So he had a son. Then, he had to go up a mountain and kill his son. Geez! But he had FAITH IN GOD that he could bring the dead to life. So the story goes on...The main thing to see here is that God did not see Abraham as he was(a man that could not have children). God saw Abraham as a father of many nations. God had faith in Abraham. Hear this...when God gave His son to die for us, there was no guarantee that I or you would accept it because we have free will. But God has FAITH IN US. Faith, sure of what we HOPE for...


2 Comments:
Who?
Oh yeah, now I know what you're talking about. I didn't know who you were talking about when you said Colin because I've known a Colin. Yeah, I don't remember too many lines from that show because I've seen so much. Speaking of which...it's on right now! And speaking of Colin...he just pretended to make out with Greg.
Post a Comment
<< Home